movies

radio

bio

blog

pictures

roryandcraig.com

Monday, February 5, 2007

Saxy Back

The double entendre between sex and saxophone has amused and emblushenned fans of contemporary light jazz for many years. Titles like, “Hot Sax, Cool Jazz” “Sax on the Beach” and “No Sax in the Champagne Room,” always liven up record store displays. I recently encountered a new variation on this classic favorite, “Very Saxy.” I discovered this coy phrase on a New York vanity license plate. I can say that the driver of that car must have been listening to Jazz Moods and getting very “Very Saxy.” I decided to take some time out with my personal photographer, Jeremy Gallaghan, this weekend and see just how “saxy” I could get. We took a few shots for my upcoming solo album, “‘Bone’ Thug in Harmony.”

No comments: