movies

radio

bio

blog

pictures

roryandcraig.com

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

For Lars Ulricher or Poorer

Let me just start by saying if you have not seen the tell all Metallica Documentary, Some Kind of Monster, I suggest you stop reading this blog and go rent, buy and watch it. It will shape you.
As I was sitting in on a conference call to a Font Software Company at work the other day, I was struck with the presence of Lars Ulrich. Now I’m not saying that Lars Ulrich was actually at the meeting, but the IT guy from my company channeled his voice and mannerisms so precisely that if I closed my eyes I was sure the hard-hitting drummer was in the room. This bought me to a great conclusion, with his intense sense of self importance and love of his own voice, Lars Ulrich would have made a perfect computer help desk employee had the whole heavy metal thing not panned out. Imagining Lars gabbing away in tech speak is one of my new favorite ways to pass the time.

No comments: